Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fun activities!

The following Monday we had a cooking class which was really cool! (Even though I hate cooking). It was great watching everybody else cook though! We made salmorejo which is a soup made with a lot of tomatoes, some peppers, oil, bread, and probably some other stuff. I hate vegetables so I wasn't exactly a fan of this dish. However, I LOVED the other one. We made Tortilla de España (Spanish omelet). I had never had one before, but it was absolutely delicious. It has potatoes and onions on the inside with egg covering the outside. Yuuummmm! I would absolutely mess up making this for myself so if anyone would like to make it for me **hint hint Mom or Urban** that would be wonderful.

The next day, I had to go to something called an "intercambio" for my stereotypes class. We essentially just talked about everyday things with people who were trying to learn English, which I loved because it was a break from struggling to speak Spanish. All of the participants were essentially fluent which was also helpful because we could basically talk about anything. I thought we were going to have to awkwardly ask questions because they wouldn't want to talk but they had so many questions for us! They wanted to know if we like Sevilla, where we had visited, what tapas we had tried, etc. and they told us a bunch of places for us to eat and important sites to visit. So we were both learning from each other and it was a really great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment