Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hasta luego, Estados Unidos!


After what seems like years of planning, the day is finally here. I am officially leaving for Spain tomorrow and I couldn’t be more excited! For those of you that don’t know, I am studying abroad in Seville, Spain from May 24th to June 22nd. I keep telling people that I’m going on this trip, but I don’t think reality has actually sunk in that I’m going to be living in a foreign country for an entire month. I think it will hit me when I arrive at the airport after departing from my parents and realizing “oh crap. I’m flying by myself...to Spain.” I anticipate standing in line at the airport having an anxiety attack and sobbing by myself while someone asks me if I lost my mother, confused by my child-esque frame. I’ve flown before but it was a long time ago, I was with my family, and we were only flying to Florida. Comparatively, spending over 24 hours by myself while flying overseas is slightly more daunting. 
Other than my anxiety about flying, I’m really looking forward to this trip. I’m sure it will be an amazing, life changing experience and the thought of it makes me feel like I’m livin la vida loca. Speaking of Ricky Martin, he has been on repeat on my iPod as well as some good ol’ Enrique Iglesias and Juanes. My hopes were that this music would help me pick up on some Spanish phrases but I don’t know how often “bailamos” is going to come up in conversation. So with my English to Spanish dictionary in tow, I’m off to Spain and will be keeping you updated on my wonderful new adventure. Hasta luego! 

No comments:

Post a Comment